Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Thursday!




This is a story I wrote in my journal when my son Logan was on his mission and my daughter and her husband took my grandchildren out to Iowa for school!  I thought you'd get a kick out of this.  With only one child at home it is quiet and a huge adjustment!  Everyday my eyes pooled with tears!  So, it has been great to look back and realize I made it through a time I thought would last forever!
Here it is:  
My Journal Entry -
Just thought I would write to let you all know that I am officially depressed, thanks to Todd, my 8 year old nephew. Kate, my little sister, dropped him off with London, his 3 year old sister awhile ago because she and Corey are moving into their new office. I thought it would help her and we all know we are blessed when we help others! So, it all began as soon as Katie left. This is how our conversations went.
Todd: Marnie, so are you all alone all day?
Marnie: Yes. I am until Kylee and Mike get home.
Todd: So you were all alone until me and Lunbum came?
Marnie: Yes, Todd I was. I am glad you two came.
Todd: Are you alone everyday?
Marnie: Yes, Todd
Todd: Oh
That seemed to satisfy him for about 60 seconds. Then he walked past Logan's countdown chart that we keep on the magnet board.
Todd: What is this?
Marnie: THat is the countdown for Logan's mission. The colored in circles tells us how many days he has been gone.
Todd: (I knew this was coming before he even opened his mouth) So are all the white circles the days he has left until he comes home?
Marnie: Yes it is.
Todd: That's a lot of days til he comes home! Does Kylee color them or do you?
Marnie: Yes it is. Kylee colors them.
Todd: She has lots of coloring still to do.
Marnie: Yes she does.
That seemed to satisfy him until we started walking down the stairs. I knew he was going to say something as he was looking at a family picture of us taken about 6 years ago. The days right before Nate.
Todd: So, is this what your family was like when you were all together along time ago?
Marnie: Yes it is.
Todd: That was a long time ago that you were altogether, wasn't it?
Marnie: Yes Todd, it was.
Todd: I bet you really miss Logan don't you?
Marnie: Yes, I do.
Thought we were done for awhile with that conversation - I felt a little depressed, but pulled myself out of it. He sat on the couch trying to decide what he wanted to do. Then he got up and started walking toward our map on the wall downstairs. I knew his wheels were spinning.
Todd: Marnie?
Marnie: Yes, Todd?
Todd: Show me where Logan is on his mission.
Marnie: Right here, pointing to NC
Todd: Show me where Joni and Nate and Kennedi and McCord live.
Marnie: Right here, pointing to Iowa
Todd: Show me where we live.
Marnie: Right here, pointing to Utah.
Todd: Wow, they live far away huh?
Marnie: Yes they do Todd.
Todd: I bet you really miss them since they are gone.
Marnie: Yes, I do.
Todd: They will be gone for a long time. Can I play the wii?

I don't think I'll invite Todd over for awhile.
Marn

No comments:

Post a Comment